Manager Supplier Quality Engineering
The manufacture of an uncompromising 4 x 4 automotive vehicle is a new departure for INEOS.
The role will cover two phases. In phase one, the ‘Project Phase’, the vehicle will be designed and a full project plan will be created with decisions made on how and where to build the vehicle and set the plans in motion. In the second phase, the sustainable manufacture of the product will come on stream.
During phase one the Manager Supplier Quality Engineering will lead all activities to ensure that from a quality perspective INEOS source the most adequate suppliers. In addition the management of suppliers’ maturity level is in focus to safeguard the ramp up of serial production. In second phase the job holder maintain high quality product supply and continuously improve product and process quality of our suppliers.
- Supplier evaluation before nomination for serial production and during serial production / assign a specific quality status to the suppliers
- Supplier development to maintain and improve product and process quality through risk assessments, FMEA reviews and on-site process analysis
- Identify and implement cost down measures through process and product analysis to support continuous EBIT optimization of INEOS
- Management of the suppliers’ process, product, equipment and tooling maturity during project phase and serial production
- Reporting and presentation of supplier statuses and ctritical scopes
- Manage supplier Taskforces
- Ensure the serial production readiness before vehicle launch and during serial production in case of relocations, technical changes or supplier changes
- Lead a Supplier Quality Engineering team
- Develop supplier quality process in alignment with the SQE management team
- Management of the supplier PPAP process for the scope in responsibility
- On-site supplier assessments and audits
- Network with the wider INEOS organisation to maximise group leverage possibilities and know how transfer.
The incumbent will have a minimum of
- Extensive experience gained at either a Tier 1 automotive supplier or automotive OEM
- Able to demonstrate direct knowledge of automotive supplier quality management from concept-through-industrialisation-to-operation
- Experience in creating and implementation of process models in alignment with internal stakeholders
- Experience in leading cross functional change management projects
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery
- Previous experience in leading a team and be able to build effective working relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills
- Creativity and flexibility in finding solutions for upcoming problems
- Ability to manage a team based in different locations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- There will be significant travel involved in the role.