Passive Safety Engineer
Your Team: To strengthen our Engineering team with targeting the Grenadier delivery in 2022, but also with focus on business expansion and becoming a multiple program automotive company, we are looking for Passive Safety Engineer at INEOS Automotive who will work within a scale-up and fast-moving environment. You will be surrounded by a team of experts in their field and be given the autonomy and freedom to develop the role as we grow.
The Role: As a Passive Safety Engineer, you will work in an OEM new product development environment that develops On-Road and Off-Road Vehicles from concept to launch. One of the key deliverables of this position is obtaining certification approvals for entering the INEOS´ Target markets (USA FMVSS, EU and RoW). You will interact with cross functional teams to ensure our products meet all applicable Passive Safety regulations.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support Passive Safety Lead on all Restraint System Development from suppliers from component to system level to archive USA FMVSS and EU Passive Safety Regulations
- Work with vehicle program teams to provide Passive Safety regulatory guidance and where necessary address Passive Safety issues
- Develop and deliver an effective and efficient Homologation and regulatory process focused on Passive Safety topics together with Homologation Manager
- Provide guidance and information on Passive Safety regulations and amendments to the business including Engineering, Procurement, Quality and Commercial
- Support Passive Safety Lead on managing testing of vehicle programs to address Passive Safety compliance requirements
- Support the development and maintenance of internal policies and processes related to the application, implementation, enforcement and audit of all policies, standards and regulations
- Work with external agencies and government regulatory authorities to ensure compliance of products in the respective markets where the products will be sold
- Prepare, review and submit type regulatory approval documents and drawings to applicable regulatory bodies
- Work as an active member of the Engineering team, ensure effective communication between colleagues and positive contribute to meetings and briefings
- Be in direct contact with the airbags and seatbelts suppliers and monitor their activity
- Engineering Degree or similar.
- Minimum 3 years automotive experience in similar role.
- Extensive experience with CAE (simulation analysis) and Passive Safety regulations and testing/procedures.
- Knowledge of automotive design and engineering process, from concept to industrialisation.
- Knowledge of vehicle Passive Safety systems, Restraint System integration, Misuse, Airbag calibrations.
- Research regulatory requirements and effectively negotiate as needed.
- Demonstrated experience working with various government bodies is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong time management, planning, integrity, and teambuilding skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10% of the time).
- All personal designations apply equally to all genders.