Senior Engineering Manager
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
Your Team: To strengthen our Engineering team with targeting the Grenadier delivery in 2022, but also with focus on business expansion and becoming a multiple program automotive company, we are looking for Senior Engineering Managers at INEOS Automotive who will work within a scale-up and fast-moving environment. You will be surrounded by a team of experts in their field and be given the autonomy and freedom to develop the role as we grow.
The Role: The Senior Engineering Manager will lead a team and several engineering activities from concept to operation. This includes managing processes of the complete vehicle development and requires an overall knowledge / experience of EE, powertrain, chassis, closures, interior and exterior as well as further development projects and prototype engineering. The Senior Engineering Manager will ensure that processes are based on sustainable manufacturing and overlook continuous development of the accessory engineering.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Deliver strategic decisions for the complete vehicle development and implement those for each area whilst working closely with those teams that specialise on different parts of the vehicle development (EE, chassis, powertrain, exterior, interior, etc.)
- Lead processes across different teams to ensure that common goals are achieved (quality, costs, time, etc.)
- Anticipate potential risks and develop mitigation approaches
- Develop, maintain and expand the relationship to the key components’ suppliers
- Maintain a robust portfolio of networks and relationships within the automotive industry
- Coordinate activities handled through and with third party suppliers (engineering houses, Tier 1’s, etc.) on all aspects of planning, scheduling, and controlling
- Work as an active member of the Engineering team by ensuring effective communication between colleagues and team members as well as contributing to meetings and briefings
- You will lead a group of experienced engineers in several functions within overall vehicle development. Your leadership responsibility includes
- encouraging individual growth for each team member,
- recruiting new engineers to the team,
- offering consistent and valuable feedback to your team members,
- and formal quarterly and annual reviews
INEOS Automotive: We have one goal: Manufacture, launch and deliver uncompromising, best-in-class vehicles. It’s been an exciting Grenadier journey since our inception in 2017. We’ve flown past many milestones and, despite the global challenge of 2020, we’re on track to deliver our plan. At INEOS Automotive, we’re always looking for people who can bring new perspectives to our teams. People with entrepreneurial spirit, who enjoy taking on new challenges and are comfortable with handling risks and uncertainties. 2021 and 2022 are our years of execution and as a Senior Engineering Manager you will play a huge part in this. If you are looking to join a scale-up business that values your curiosity, drive, and expertise whilst taking on a career defining role, then INEOS Automotive welcomes your application.
For the Senior Engineering Manager, we are looking for:
- Extensive experience of multiple complete vehicle projects and product launches gained at either a Tier 1 automotive supplier or automotive OEM
- A technical degree in Automotive Engineering or related area
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of automotive design and engineering processes, from concept to industrialisation
- Significant experience in Engineering Manager roles including exposure to an international environment and ability to lead a team with decisiveness
- Excellent senior project management skills with a track record of delivery
- Ability to communicate progress and results at a board level
- High level technical communication skills when collaborating with suppliers, partners, authorities, etc.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal clients and external supply chain
- Experience with monitoring team operations, delegating tasks as well as supporting and influencing the development of individual team members
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build relationships within the team and wider business
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate (written and verbally) in English and German, French and/or Portuguese is advantageous
- Willingness to travel across our different locations
If the Senior Engineering Manager role sounds of interest and you want to learn more, please apply with us today!
If your application is successful, one of the team will be in touch to arrange an initial conversation.