Fuel Cell Powertrain Systems Engineer
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
Your Team: To strengthen our Engineering team with targeting the Grenadier delivery in 2022, but also with focus on business expansion and becoming a multiple program automotive company, we are looking for a Fuel Cell Powertrain Systems Engineer at INEOS Automotive who will work within a scale-up and fast-moving environment. You will be surrounded by a team of experts in their field and be given the autonomy and freedom to develop the role as we grow.
The Role: The Fuel Cell Powertrain Systems Engineer will shape the direction of fuel cell electric powertrains. You will closely work with our Engineering Design Team and Procurement & Supply Chain Team to lead the fuel cell system engineering and development of architecture and requirements for forthcoming products while assessing cutting edge technologies.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead definition, development, sizing, requirements of fuel cell electric powertrain systems to meet program targets
- Review and update power-pack sizing and trade-off studies for optimal attribute/cost balance
- Define the powertrain architecture and cascade system targets to meet vehicle attributes
- Plan the process, detail planning costs and implementation timing for released CAD drawings to ensure detailed understanding of how a part will be manufactured, jigs and tooling defined, costs detailed, implementation plan available
- Support and work with the Design, Project and Programme partners to ensure FCEV Powertrain System is on time, target and delivered
- Lead / support Global Product Development milestone reviews of the system definition, requirements, and capability (assessment against the requirements)
- Create and maintain robustness and failure mode analyses for new technologies
- Develop and present system trade-off studies to solicit direction from management
- Capture lessons learned from previous programs and implement these actions in upcoming programs
- Produce systems documentation including architecture and functional diagrams
- Identify and define basic requirements for new design projects, pre-calculations of new designs, product cards in consideration of function, costs, timing, weight and packaging for the next design steps
INEOS Automotive: We have one goal: Manufacture, launch and deliver uncompromising, best-in-class vehicles. It’s been an exciting Grenadier journey since our inception in 2017. We’ve flown past many milestones and, despite the global challenge of 2020, we’re on track to deliver our plan. At INEOS Automotive, we’re always looking for people who can bring new perspectives to our teams. People with entrepreneurial spirit, who enjoy taking on new challenges and are comfortable with handling risks and uncertainties. 2021 and 2022 are our years of execution and as a Fuel Cell Powertrain Systems Engineer you will play an important role for our business growth. If you are looking to join a scale-up business that values your curiosity, drive, and expertise whilst taking on a career defining role, then INEOS Automotive welcomes your application.
For the Fuel Cell Powertrain Systems Engineer we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge and experience with automotive design and engineering processes gained at either a Tier 1 automotive supplier or an automotive OEM
- Strong fundamentals in fuel cell working principles
- Strong in electric powertrain functional safety and diagnostics calibration
- Knowledge on state of the art fuel cell electrical components (Fuel cell stacks, Air handling, Battery, E-Motor, Inverter, Charger)
- Capable to develop design targets and performance metrics for fuel cell systems
- Capable to develop systems requirements for fuel cell applications (e.g. Range-Extenders)
- Strong in regulatory requirements for Fuel cell, Hybrid and EV platforms
- Strong knowledge in vehicle control system architecture
- Comprehensive understanding of powertrain testing tools, analytical and CAE tools, performance modelling and data collection
- Experience in program planning, program management, powertrain component, or systems design
- Knowledge of technical documentation (design, layout, drawing, dimensioning, tolerances) and manufacturing techniques and materials
- A technical degree in Automotive Engineering or related area
- Project management experience with experience of taking a project from concept to SOP
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capable of communicating technical information concisely in executive reviews
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, self-motivated, eager to take responsibility and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate (written and verbally) in English and German, French and/or Portuguese is advantageous
If the Fuel Cell Powertrain Systems Engineer role sounds of interest and you want to learn more, please apply with us today!
If your application is successful, one of the team will be in touch to arrange an initial conversation.