Quality Methods & Training Specialist
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
It’s a big task to launch a best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool, and it’s our responsibility to do the best job possible. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options.
To make this vision a reality, we’ve assembled a team of world-class experts who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. We need more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts with engineering at our core. We’re growing our world-class team and looking for spirited innovators and disruptors - those who thrive on a gritty challenge and will work through adversity in the pursuit of success. We’re doing things differently.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
The job holder is a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and manages across locations the trainings and coachings of employees and managers on Quality methods as well as conducts problem-solving on top issues set as priority by management. He/She is responsible for the continuous development and improvement of problem-solving skills within INEOS Automotive during product development phase and series phase as one of the key factors for a successful product launch.
- Leading high impact Six Sigma/Quality Improvement projects during product development phase and series phase.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors all employees, to include Green Belts and business leaders.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors all employees on Quality methods (e.g. 7 Quality Tools).
- Applying Lean Six Sigma tools (e.g. Shainin, DMAIC, DOE) and techniques to customer issues, design and manufacturing processes.
- Identifies the right problem-solving approach (Six Sigma vs. Lean Management) for fast and sustainable implementation of countermeasures.
- Data analysis and translation of data/statistics into tangible business decisions using data modeling and statistical analysis tools and methods.
- Analyzes and identify process improvement opportunities and partner with key stakeholders to scope and ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Works with stakeholders to ensure projects achieve intended results, where risks are proactively identified and mitigated, and benefits are validated.
- Provides expertise and share best practices regarding Process Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
- Deliver Improvement projects with positive gain. Leads cross-functional problem-solving teams on top issues.
- Manage a portfolio of improvement projects, including auditing of implemented projects to ensure that process improvements are sustained, and benefits are realized.
- Define and align with line manager and business partners the right training needs of employees according to working profiles, current problem-solving performance and needs from product and process phase (e.g. ramp-up phase).
- Design and implement training programs
- Define and align a training tracking and feedback process from customers on impact of trainings and need for training improvements
- Define and align with line managers and business partners a regular reporting and lessons learned process on solved issues for defined target groups
- Define and align a process with green belts across all locations (e.g. internal exchange and support, lessons learnt, knowledge database, identified need for qualifications at locations)
- Define and align activities with Operational Excellence Team (Lean Production System) to create a holistic and strong production problem-solving team
- Create transparency of the critical path of trainings and/or problem-solving topics to hit the agreed timelines and due dates.
- Technical degree in Engineering, Statistics or Business Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience in Quality Management and in Automotive Industry
- 3-5 years experience in the field of automotive new product projects (either in strategy, engineering, operations or quality)
- 3-5+ or more years Six Sigma experience leading and coaching various projects of significant value, length and complexity in a design and manufacturing organization.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Certified Lean (Manufacturing) Consultant may be advantageous
- Successful leader and influencer with demonstrated impacting change at all levels of an organization
- Experience in designing and implementing training programs
- High trainer/coach/mentor skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to create new quality standards and project KPIs
- High technical understanding in automotive industry
- High team skills
- High empathy and very good communication skill, motivation skill and enthusiastic capacity – ability to adapt to diverse people and situations
- High organizational skills and result orientation
- Assertiveness, diplomacy, moderation skills
- Good analytical thinking
- Pragmatism and a good understanding of lean principals
- Very good English skills
- Good MS-Office
- Willingness to travel for business trips