Manager Customer Quality
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
It’s a big task to launch a best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool, and it’s our responsibility to do the best job possible. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options.
To make this vision a reality, we’ve assembled a team of world-class experts who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. We need more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts with engineering at our core. We’re growing our world-class team and looking for spirited innovators and disruptors - those who thrive on a gritty challenge and will work through adversity in the pursuit of success. We’re doing things differently.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
The Manager Customer Quality is responsible to manage the Customer Quality and Quality Planning to plan, control and improve it. The job holder will manage with the direct reports to plan, define, implement, and improve all quality loops based on developed internal and external sensors. In case of deviation, the incumbent will make sure to control the development date of corrective actions including escalation process in collaboration with business partners and verifies costs and results having a solution-oriented approach.
- The incumbent provides leadership in (some strategic) projects in all fields regarding customer quality and quality planning.
- The job holder works on strategy, process and culture level aligned with reporting line and business partners to achieve best results on business and employee level.
- The incumbent defines criteria for escalation and aligns the process with senior management
- Alignment of Quality KPI on Management level (e.g. customer quality, product safety)
- Supervises the team so that staff has the motivation and training to deliver the required levels of performance
- Defines and aligns a strategy of evaluation of market data, competitors, customer feedbacks and field feedbacks.
- Defines and aligns criteria for deviation process (e.g. market expectations, specifications and/or agreed KPIs) and escalation process including proof of efficiency and lessons learned for future products or services
- Defines and aligns collaboration models with business partners in Engineering, Operations, SQE, SCM, After Sales and others.
- Supervise the customer relevant issues in case of non-conformity of safety, emissions, and compliance requirements of the products and/or services from INEOS Automotive when the cars have already left the production plant
- Provide senior management information regarding major issues
- Manage that all information for customer quality and quality planning is available (e.g. transparency on maturity level, market analysis and reports, KPI’s, problem solving progress, project status/progress)
- Manages and supports product and process risk management process.
- Controls method conformity (VDA & AIAG harmonization, DIN, ISO, VDA)
- Reporting of escalated issues, provide expert assessment to senior management/board of critical aspects regarding customer quality and quality planning
- Supervises the tracking of supplier charge backs in collaboration with the accounting department.
- Oversee the processes in the responsible area and ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure regulatory and internal standards are met and maintained, procedures and systems are followed
- Technical undergraduate degree in automotive engineering, other engineering or science
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience gained at either a Tier 1 automotive supplier or automotive OEM
- Able to demonstrate direct knowledge of the automotive quality and engineering process, from concept to industrialisation
- Project management experience and ability to lead projects / activities
- At least 3 years experience in leading employees
- High level technical communications with suppliers, partners etc.
- Fluent English (speaking & writing)
- Experience of quality, development, (after) sales and manufacturing processes
- Proven track record of delivering robust permanent corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence of quality issues
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery