Business Development Specialist
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
It’s a big task to launch a best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool, and it’s our responsibility to do the best job possible. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options.
To make this vision a reality, we’ve assembled a team of world-class experts who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. We need more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts with engineering at our core. We’re growing our world-class team and looking for spirited innovators and disruptors - those who thrive on a gritty challenge and will work through adversity in the pursuit of success. We’re doing things differently.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
The role will support investigations into new opportunities for INEOS automotive. Reporting to the New Business Manager, the role will determine the viability of new products, product variants and other products or services that could be profitable for INEOS Automotive. All activity will seek to maximise the utilisation of the Hambach production facilities.
Support all Programme Management activities related to Definition and Feasibility programme phases.
- Support Autoboard and Manager Business Development in strategy ideation and investigations.
- Propose new products, product variants or services that could be profitable for INEOS Automotive.
- Maximise the utilisation of Hambach facilities via new products and services.
- Collect first estimates and assumptions.
- Support preparation of business cases for internal presentation (Autoboard, Chairman, EXCO etc.).
- Support creation of feasibility project budget.
- Plan project organisation structure.
- Collect initial programme timing estimates and assumptions.
- Interpret, inform and develop the core strategy, as set out by Autoboard/Steercom and sanctioned by EXCO.
- Support creation of the business case for new projects within a templated framework (working closely with Finance).
- Ensure project deliverables are achieved by departmental leads and included in business case.
- Develop assumptions informing the business case (with support from departmental leads).
- Support preparation of business case for internal presentation (Autoboard, Chairman, EXCO etc.).
- Draw support from established programmes (on a strictly limited basis).
- Support meeting structure to include Leads, Steercom and EXCO events.
- Create and maintain master timing plan for feasibility study.
- Create and develop master timing plan for potential programme.
- Collect and interpret departmental timing plans.
- Support preparation of formal Business Case and Project Spec book for internal presentation (Autoboard, Chairman, EXCO etc.).
- Implement decision making procedures.
- Ensure appropriate project governance.
- Store and maintain project data.
- Provide structure for departmental data.
- Ensure transparency for autoboard.
- Ensure confidentiality (where needed) and minimise disruption to established programmes.
- Ensure due diligence is executed across feasibility project.
- Ensure feasibility project operates legally and without creating risk to company standing.
- Support the New Business Manager in delivering robust reccomendations.
- Network with the wider INEOS organisation to maximise group leverage possibilities.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience gained at an automotive OEM. Candidates preferred from Programme or Engineering backgrounds.
- Highly numerate and comfortable preparing sophisticated business cases or financial models.
- A good understanding of the automotive sector, market trends and global economic environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an affinity for business development.
- Project management know-how and aptitude to learn quickly.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to build productive relationships and mediate between stakeholders.
- Excellent scheduling and long-term planning capabilities.
- Demonstrable strategic thinker with experience of NPI (New Product Introduction).
- Ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in an international team. Significant travel may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Good capability with other Microsoft Office software and general IT systems.
- English language is mandatory.
- German language would be highly beneficial.
- French language is also beneficial.