Quality Engineering Process Lead
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
It’s a big task to launch a best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool, and it’s our responsibility to do the best job possible. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options.
To make this vision a reality, we’ve assembled a team of world-class experts who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. We need more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts with engineering at our core. We’re growing our world-class team and looking for spirited innovators and disruptors - those who thrive on a gritty challenge and will work through adversity in the pursuit of success. We’re doing things differently.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
The job holder manages and leads processes from QM perspective such as the product safety and conformity (PSCR), functional safety, special characteristics, deviation process, CoC papers and homologation in strong collaboration with engineering by defining processes and providing continuously all necessary information and checks during project timeline for all relevant project members. In case of deviations appropriate actions will be defined and implemented. Product safety and homologation are the most crucial parts within automotive industry. A successful homologation is the prerequisite to sell cars and, therefore represents a high business risk. Hence, missing, or wrong processes jeopardize the whole business.
- Leading all process activities regarding engineering quality topics to align business partners and create and improve standards for INEOS Automotive in strong cooperation with engineering.
- Ensure that (further) developments during product development process and series phase of product integrity meets local and international legal statutes, and also justifies the safety expectations of the public in collaboration with engineering and legal entities.
- Ensure engineering quality criteria in project phase (e.g. customer specific (safety) requirements)
- Lead and align on the timing (due date) of Milestone “special char. Readiness” with Engineering. Track due dates for this milestone. Perform a plausibility check if all columns “Spec. char. + reasons” and needed parameters are fulfilled in the BOM.
- Identification and management of product safety-related deviations (incl. escalation process, response plans and responsibilities)
- Responsibility for the engineering quality risk management in the projects in strong collaboration with engineering and other business partners
- Define, implement, maintain and improve an organization of engineering quality topics
- Define, implement, maintain and improve a process for engineering quality topics over the product life cycle with business partners incl. IT systems if required.
- Conduct quality assessments within maturity management for product and process topics during project phase, represent the quality and product standards in new product projects
- Technical degree in engineering or similar studies
- Minimum 7 years working experience and
- 3-5 years experience in Engineering and in Automotive Industry
- 3-5 years experience in Quality Management ideally in Engineering is advantageous
- 3-5 years experience in the field of automotive new product projects (either in strategy, engineering, operations or quality)
- Professional experience in the field of product development processes in automotive industry
- Experience in designing and implementing concepts regarding to engineering quality topics (PSCR, functional safety, special characteristics, COC papers, homologation, etc.)
- PSCR certificate is advantageous
- Ability to create new quality standards and project KPIs
- High technical understanding in automotive industry
- High team skills
- High empathy and very good communication skill, motivation skill and enthusiastic capacity – ability to adapt to diverse people and situations
- High organizational skills and result orientation
- Assertiveness, diplomacy, moderation skills
- Good analytical thinking
- Pragmatism and a good understanding of lean principals
- Very good English skills
- Good MS-Office
- Willingness to travel for business trips