Manager New Business
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
It’s a big task to launch a best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool, and it’s our responsibility to do the best job possible. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options.
To make this vision a reality, we’ve assembled a team of world-class experts who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. We need more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts with engineering at our core. We’re growing our world-class team and looking for spirited innovators and disruptors - those who thrive on a gritty challenge and will work through adversity in the pursuit of success. We’re doing things differently.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
The role will lead investigations into new opportunities for INEOS automotive. The role will support the board of directors and product team in strategy ideation and will determine the viability of new products, product variants and other products or services that could be profitable for INEOS Automotive. All activity will seek to maximise the utilisation of the Hambach production facilities.
The role will manage programmes through two initial project phases: Definition and Feasibility. The goal of each is to make a robust recommendation on the continuation of the programme. Ultimately a successful investigation must recommend “go” or “no-go” and achieve budget sanction for the following phase of the programme. If a programme successfully achieves sanction for a third phase the programme will be efficiently and robustly transferred to a launch programme team.
The role will be responsible for creating and maintaining the programme structure, business case, organisation, timing and governance. The role will lead a small direct team and all project teams per respective programme.
Coordinate all Programme Management activities related to Definition and Feasibility programme phases.
- Support Autoboard and product team in strategy ideation and investigations.
- Propose new products, product variants or services that could be profitable for INEOS Automotive.
- Maximise the utilisation of Hambach facilities via new products and services.
- Collect first estimates and assumptions.
- Prepare of business cases for internal presentation (Autoboard, Chairman, EXCO etc.).
- Create feasibility project budget.
- Plan project organisation structure.
- Consult with Autoboard on potential departmental leads/representatives.
- Collect initial programme timing estimates and assumptions.
- Maintain the limited governance required through the phase.
- Interpret, inform and develop the core strategy, as set out by Autoboard/Steercom and sanctioned by EXCO.
- Create the business case for new projects within a templated framework (working closely with Finance).
- Ensure project deliverables are achieved by departmental leads and included in BC.
- Develop assumptions informing the business case (with support from departmental leads).
- Prepare business case for internal presentation (Autoboard, Chairman, EXCO etc.).
- Implement and develop (where needed) project org structure.
- Manage resource planning through feasibility phase.
- Draw support from established programmes (on a strictly limited basis).
- Create and chair meeting structure to include Leads, Steercom and EXCO events.
- Create and maintain master timing plan for feasibility study.
- Create and develop master timing plan for potential programme.
- Collect and interpret departmental timing plans.
- Prepare formal Business Case and Project Spec book for internal presentation (Autoboard, Chairman, EXCO etc.).
- Implement decision making procedures.
- Ensure appropriate project governance.
- Store and maintain project data.
- Provide structure for departmental data.
- Ensure transparency for autoboard.
- Ensure confidentiality (where needed) and minimise disruption to established programmes.
- Ensure due diligence is executed across feasibility project.
- Ensure feasibility project operates legally and without creating risk to company standing.
- Support the Head of Programme Mgt. & Business Dev. in delivering a dependable and results focussed programme organisation.
- Network with the wider INEOS organisation to maximise group leverage possibilities.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience gained at an automotive OEM. Candidates preferred from Programme or Engineering backgrounds.
- Highly numerate and comfortable preparing sophisticated business cases or financial models.
- An excellent understanding of the automotive sector, growth areas and global economic environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an affinity for business development.
- Significant automotive programme management know-how gained over a career in automobile manufacturing.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Able to demonstrate experiences in building and maintaining senior relationships and mediating between stakeholders.
- Excellent scheduling and long-term planning capabilities.
- Demonstrable strategic thinker with experience of NPI (New Product Introduction).
- Ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 3yrs experience of direct leadership experience with demonstrably successful leadership style.
- Able to lead cross-functional teams, recognising the objectives of respective stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in an international team. Significant travel may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Good capability with other Microsoft Office software and general IT systems.
- English language is mandatory.
- German language would be highly beneficial.
- French language is also beneficial.