Tooling Asset Controller
Location: United Kingdom
The Role: The Tooling Asset Controller will maintain a full database of where the offsite assets of INEOS Automotive are located, managed and maintained. You will be involved in INEOS's procurement management principles, project phase timelines as well as project targets for tooling asset management in line with PPAP, SOP and EOP. Also, heavily involved in supply location and risk management in line with risk management process, as well as understanding Geo-Political issues and supplier stability. In phase one, the ‘Project Phase’, the vehicle will be designed, and a significant investment will be made in supplier tooling by INEOS in preparation for Pre-production builds and SOP. In the second phase, the sustainable manufacture of the product will come on stream.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate the definition and agreement for the Asset labelling standard.
- Issue and circulate the label standards to the “Supplier & Commodity Management” team and align issues with both Buyers and Suppliers alike where required.
- Align closely with "Risk Management” to highlight any potential threat to asset or supply chain based on location and Geo-Political issues during construction, serial production and aftermarket supply.
- Coordinate the evidence showing the asset label process is complete and in line with PPAP process and final invoice approval.
- Maintain and monitor the tracking of assets in SAP to ensure data remains up-to-date for Tier 1 to Tier n.
- Ensure clear, documented proof of ownership over assets in case of issues that may arise Tier 1 to Tier n.
- Ensure the asset management process and execution is in line with INEOS Legal and Finance guidelines or regulations.
- Define the SAP process including PR and PO for assets, as well as other systems.
- Manage the ownership of Tooling transfer at EOP – to aftermarket or scrap (fulfilling legal and finance requirements)
- Monitor the Tool life – cycle count v lifetime including replacement tools for “perpetual” tooling (eg–die cast alloy wheels).
- Improve documentation of Tooling Contracts based on previous knowledge, reflection and lessons learned.
Who we are looking for:
- Good level of experience gained at either a Tier 1/2 automotive supplier or an automotive OEM.
- Previous direct knowledge of asset management or stock control in multinational operation.
- Familiar and at ease communicating across multiple functions - Buyers, Legal, Finance and Suppliers.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good capability with Microsoft Office software and experience with SAP S/4 HANA is desirable, training will be available.
- English language is mandatory and knowledge of German would be beneficial, but not essential.
- There will be significant travel involved in the role.