Manager Lifecycle Management
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
It’s a big task to launch a best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool, and it’s our responsibility to do the best job possible. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options.
To make this vision a reality, we’ve assembled a team of world-class experts who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. We need more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts with engineering at our core. We’re growing our world-class team and looking for spirited innovators and disruptors - those who thrive on a gritty challenge and will work through adversity in the pursuit of success. We’re doing things differently.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
The role will lead Lifecycle management (LCM) programmes at INEOS Automotive, beginning with our first vehicle the Grenadier.
Programmes will be robustly transferred to the LCM team post product launch and will remain until end of production (EoP). The role will manage programmes through any necessary technical changes, planned facelifts, new market adaptations and through all other updates or revisions. The goal of the Manager LCM is to maximise the returns of a programme post-launch. A successful lifecycle management programme ensures that the vehicle updates and improves as necessary per customer demand and per the strategic goals of INEOS Automotive - all within an effective time plan.
The role will be responsible for creating and maintaining the programme structure, business case, organisation, timing and governance. The role will lead a direct team and, indirectly, all project teams per respective programme.
- Coordinate all Programme Management activities related to lifecycle management.
- Execute the lifecycle strategy, as set out by Autoboard and sanctioned by EXCO.
- Develop the lifecycle strategy where necessary.
- Create the business case for life-cycle changes within a templated framework (working closely with Finance).
- Maintain business case data as created by respective departments.
- Prepare business cases for internal presentation (Autoboard, Chairman, EXCO etc.).
- Support the departmental teams to stay within budgets.
- Manage resource planning through product lifecycle.
- Draw support from established programmes (on a limited basis).
- Create and chair meeting structure to include Leads, Steercom and EXCO events.
- Create and maintain master timing plan for LCM.
- Support and interpret departmental timing plans.
- Prepare LCM timing plans for internal presentation (Autoboard, Chairman, EXCO etc.).
- Implement decision making procedures.
- Ensure necessary project governance.
- Store and maintain programme data.
- Provide structure for departmental data.
- Ensure transparency for autoboard.
- Ensure due diligence is executed across programme.
- Ensure programmes operates legally and without creating risk to company or it’s standing.
- Support the Head of Programme Management in delivering a dependable and results focussed programme organisation.
- Network with the wider INEOS organisation to maximise group leverage possibilities.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience gained at an automotive OEM. Candidates preferred from Programme or Engineering backgrounds.
- Highly numerate and comfortable preparing sophisticated business cases or financial models.
- An excellent understanding of the automotive sector, growth areas and global economic environment.
- Significant automotive programme management know-how gained over a career in automobile manufacturing.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Able to demonstrate experiences in building and maintaining senior relationships and mediating between stakeholders.
- Excellent scheduling and long-term planning capabilities.
- Demonstrable strategic thinker with experience of NPI (New Product Introduction).
- Ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 3yrs experience of direct leadership experience with demonstrably successful leadership style.
- Able to lead cross-functional teams, recognising the objectives of respective stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in an international team. Significant travel may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Good capability with other Microsoft Office software and general IT systems.
- English language is mandatory.
- German language would be highly beneficial.
- French language is also beneficial.