Module Lead - Body in White
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
It’s a big task to launch a best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool, and it’s our responsibility to do the best job possible. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options.
To make this vision a reality, we’ve assembled a team of world-class experts who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. We need more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts with engineering at our core. We’re growing our world-class team and looking for spirited innovators and disruptors - those who thrive on a gritty challenge and will work through adversity in the pursuit of success. We’re doing things differently.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
The Module Lead Body in White will be responsible for supporting the design, release and launch of the Body in white product lines. They will lead the business development, proposal and project delivery activities, specifically within BIW, including technical specifications, design standards and product testing.
- Primary task and objective are the development of Body in white from pre-concept to life cycle management.
- Plan the process, detail planning costs and implementation timing for released CAD drawings to ensure detailed understanding of how a part will be manufactured, jigs and tooling defined, costs detailed, implementation plan available.
- Support and work with the Design, Project and Programme partners to ensure BIW is on time, target and delivered.
- Manage and deliver production preparation and quality achievement.
- Monitor and ensure documentation for BIW is maintained and updated as necessary in accordance with regulations and directives.
- Attend formal design and technical reviews as appropriate to provide guidance related to a particular project.
- Carry out BIW quality and process assessments as determined and necessary.
- Work as an active member of the Engineering team, ensure effective communication between colleagues and positive contribute to meetings and briefings.
- Report to Chief Engineer Vehicle Integration regarding any non-conforming regulatory issues and provide solutions.
- Strong technical undergraduate degree in automotive engineering, other engineering or science.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience gained at an Automotive OEM, or Tier 1 supplier
- Project management experience with experience of taking a project from concept to SOP
- Experience of stamping feasibility and tool design
- Experience of manufacturing cell design for BIW assemblies
- Ability to communicate at all levels in English and knowledge of the German language would be a desired advantage