Emissions Certification & Compliance Lead USA
INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
It’s a big task to launch a best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool, and it’s our responsibility to do the best job possible. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options.
To make this vision a reality, we’ve assembled a team of world-class experts who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. We need more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts with engineering at our core. We’re growing our world-class team and looking for spirited innovators and disruptors - those who thrive on a gritty challenge and will work through adversity in the pursuit of success. We’re doing things differently.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
- As our Emissions USA Certification & Compliance Lead you will work in an OEM new product development environment that develops On Road and Off-Road Vehicles from concept to launch.
- One of the key deliverables of this position is obtaining certification approvals from government staff (for example the U.S. EPA, or the California Air Resources Board), and yearly reports MY updated after SOP.
- You will be the liaison engineer between USA Authorities and interacting with cross functional teams to ensure our products meet all applicable emissions and fuel economy regulations
- Develop and deliver an effective and efficient Homologation and regulatory process focused on Emissions and Exhaust.
- Provide guidance and information on emission regulations and amendments to the business including Engineering, Quality and Commercial.
- Work with vehicle program teams to provide emissions regulatory guidance and where necessary address emissions issues.
- Define vehicle emissions test groups according to U.S. & California Certification
- Manage testing of vehicle programs to address government emissions compliance requirements.
- Prepare and submit data addressing emissions and fuel economy requirements to U.S. EPA and the California Air Resources Board.
- Prepare, submit, and maintain the government applications for certification.
- Ensure compliance with applicable EPA & CARB emissions regulations, FE regulations and other application reporting requirements.
- Support the development and maintenance of internal policies and processes related to the application, implementation, enforcement and audit of all policies, standards and regulations.
- Work with external agencies and government regulatory authorities to ensure compliance of products in the respective markets where the products will be sold.
- Prepare, review and submit type regulatory approval documents and drawings to applicable regulatory bodies.
- Educated to a technical undergraduate degree in an automotive engineering discipline (Mechanical; Electrical; Electronics; Mechatronics, etc).
- Significant experience in automotive Environmental Emissions Certification & Compliance / legislation (USA EPA/CARB regulations) with OEM or first tier 1 supplier.
- Will be able to demonstrate direct knowledge of automotive design and engineering process, from concept to industrialisation.
- Extensive experience with emissions/fuel economy regulations and testing/procedures.
- Demonstrated experience working with various government bodies is required.
- Knowledge of vehicle emissions control systems, engine calibrations, and powertrains.
- Able to develop and maintain the respect and trust of government agency employees.
- Research regulatory requirements and effectively negotiate as needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10% of the time).