Active Safety Engineer
INEOS Automotive: We have one goal: Manufacture, launch and deliver uncompromising, best-in-class vehicles. It’s been an exciting Grenadier journey since our inception in 2017. We’ve flown past many milestones and, despite the global challenge of 2020, we’re on track to deliver our plan. At INEOS Automotive, we’re always looking for people who can bring new perspectives to our teams. People with entrepreneurial spirit, who enjoy taking on new challenges and are comfortable with handling risks and uncertainties. 2021 and 2022 are our years of execution and as an Active Safety Engineer you will play a huge part in this. If you are looking to join a scale-up business that values your curiosity, drive, and expertise whilst taking on a career defining role, then INEOS Automotive welcomes your application.
Your Role: The Active Safety Engineer will work in an OEM new product development environment that develops On-Road and Off-Road Vehicles from concept to launch. One of the key functions of this position is to support in-vehicle distinctive ADAS solutions and to test ADAS sensors technology and systems. The target at the project level is to fulfil with all new General Safety Regulation requirements and supporting functional safety processes.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Active collaboration with the Functional Safety Lead
- Support the Integration in-vehicle distinctive Active Safety / ADAS solutions and to test ADAS sensors technology and systems
- Ensuring compliance with all new General Safety Regulation requirements and supporting Type Approval phase
- Overseeing the external project teams in Active Safety for different vehicle systems and acting as point of contact between internal & external stakeholders supporting everyone’s needs
- Support on Review and approve and challenge techniques and methods for ADAS technologies assessment and/or product validation suggested by external partner
- Active participation in steering hardware and software design
- Participation in test specifications as well as evaluation of the test results
- Verification of security design and implementation of test specifications
For the Active Safety Engineer, we are looking for:
- Master of Science degree in Applied Physics, Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering etc.
- Experience in working with ADAS functions and sensors (radar, camera, lidar, ultrasonic, …) - min. 2-5 years within an OEM or Tier1 supplier
- Experience in working with data fusion techniques for the scenario reconstruction from different information sources (e.g. radar, camera, lidar, maps, V2x)
- Understanding of ADAS design, development, integration and technologies validation
- Basic knowledge of Vehicle Dynamics
- Ability to negotiate with authorities, suppliers and partners at a senior technical level
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20% of the time)
- Able to communicate (written and verbally) in English and German (French and/or Portuguese is advantageous)
If the Active Safety Engineer role sounds of interest and you want to learn more, please apply with us today!